Scroll through this page for info/news about:
Stanford Rec & Wellness Group Fitness, Rec and Aquatics classes
Free Fitness Week & Free Preview Week
Fall Intramurals are now open
Stanford’s Outdoor Fitness Court
Stanford Recreation & Wellness
Registration begins for Fall quarter classes (9/23-12/6)
Stay fit with the flexibility to drop into fitness classes with the Group Fitness Program, or take a Recreational Activity or Aquatics Course to learn and develop with individuals of similar skill level.
Group Fitness Passes (Cardinal, Cardinal Cycling and Platinum Pass Options)
Stanford Recreation and Wellness offers three different pass options available through the Group Fitness Program. The Cardinal Group Fitness Pass gives access to all non-reservation based classes. The Platinum Group Fitness Pass gives access to all classes available on the Cardinal Group Fitness Pass PLUS reservation based classes for an add-on fee of $50 per quarter. The Cycling Group Fitness Pass is new this quarter: learn more.
All participants pay a quarterly fee for the Pass they select. Classes are designed for all fitness levels.
Recreational Courses (Badminton, Basketball, Golf, Ashtanga Yoga, Pre & Post Natal Fitness, and more)
Aquatics Courses (Swim conditioning, Strike Refinement, and more)
Free Fitness Week
Your next Free fitness classes, on the main Stanford campus, are offered over the eight days starting Wednesday September 4 through 12, sponsored by Stanford Recreation & Wellness (Rec).
Bring a friend and try classes such as 305 Fitness Cardio Dance, Power Yoga, F45 and many more.
- Participants must have a Stanford-issued ID card to enter the facility.
- Individuals without Stanford-issued ID cards will be required to pay a day pass fee to participate in FREE Fitness Week.
- Classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no class reservations during FREE Fitness Week.
- You may want to bring a towel and water bottle.
Free Preview Week
At the start of the quarter, from Sept. 22-29, you can sample any Cardinal Group Fitness Pass class for free, without having to first purchase a quarterly pass: learn more.
Fall Intramurals Are Now Open
- Flag Football
- Sand Volleyball
- Indoor Volleyball
- Climbing Team Tryouts – Tuesday, October 1: If you would like to join the climbing team, join us for tryouts from 9pm – 11pm on 10/1 at the AOERC climbing wall! All undergraduate and graduate students are invited to come out, regardless of skill level (must be belay-certified beforehand). Learn more.
- Weekend Outdoor Trips: Day-hiking, backpacking, & kayaking, oh my!Early Bird Trip Sign Ups Thursday – 8:00-11:00am – Outdoor Center
- Early Bird Sign Up is for student members (undergrad & graduate students).
- Individuals must be present to sign up for trips.
- Adventure Program Membership is $15 for one calendar year.
- Trips are non-transferable
- Trips are non-refundable unless the trip is canceled by the Adventure Program.
- Due to high demand, Stanford Adventure Program Members can sign up for only one multi-day Adventure trip and one single-day trip during week 1. After week 1, registration is unlimited.
- Pre-trip meetings, if noted, are REQUIRED.
- Fall Swim Clinic – Saturday, October 27: Improve your freestyle stroke, learn flip turns, and how to do a competitive start. Our fall swim clinic at the Avery Rec Pool (@ AOERC) is from 9AM – 12PM. Registration opens soon. View more info here.
Stanford’s Outdoor Fitness Court
The world’s best outdoor gym has arrived at Stanford. The Stanford Outdoor Fitness Court, on Arguello Field, is an outdoor body weight gym featuring a seven-station circuit training system for a full-body workout. Download the Fitness Court App and learn more about how the system works.